Sunday, June 7, 2009

Outfits, Knitting, Classes, Oh My!

I have been spending time a lot of my online time here at Polyvore. Not really sure how these designers get all these pictures in there just so, but it's fun to look and sometimes they have really pretty vintage stuff that makes me salivate a little. I thought it would be fun to post what I wore for that presentation that I gave all by myself on Wednesday. Here it is!

The Boy bought me the skirt at Savers, the shoes are from my first college graduation, the two tops are from Target...I layer more and more these days...it works. The purse is from the fantastic trip to Japan that I went on last year. I felt very professional looking while still feeling young and sheek (my favorite spelling of chic!)

Have been knitting with my free time. I've decided that the house needs more useful handknits and so have been working on wipers, (washcloths for the kitchen) dishcloths and nesting boxes for all the remotes and keys and other stuff that seems to acculumate between the kitchen and living room (really all one room as urban living dictates.) Here is my color scheme and what I have so far:

Not sure if you can tell, but the dishcloth has a wooden heart shaped button at the top there, so that you fold around the handle to the oven so that the cloth hangs. The wiper didn't come out perfectly...but we'll let that go for now. The Boy didn't think the colors would compliment the kitchen/living room but I think it works. My goal with the colors was really to get a little bit of the northeast color scheme into our southwestern home. I think he'll come around.

My Espanol 1 classe starts tomorrow! So gym, home to shower, quick breckyfast, gather things and off to class I go! I'm very excited and will probably wear above outfit without the little black cardigan. I have a bright orange binder with looseleaf and my books all ready to go. So ready to be on the other side of the desk!

1 comment:

  1. This skirt is wonderful - I wish I had your fashion sense!

    I love knitting, too - I don't do it as much as I would like to, and usually just crank out some colorful kitschy scarves for my daughter to wear to school. She has to wear a uniform and likes to have something different to go with it.

    ReplyDelete