Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Boy: Manny you are a Douche-Waffle.

You may remember from last week's post that we didn't make it to the game that Manny Ramirez was playing in near La Pasa because he is on suspension from the MLB for steroids. This was because we were actually holding tickets for the next night. Even though we asked for tickets for last night's game.

We get there the next night and it rains. After covering and uncovering the field a few times we were soaking wet but ready to heckle. Over the loudspeaker came: The L.A. Dodgers have decided that Manny Ramirez will not play due to weather." Oh we were mad. We didn't even stay for the game because we were so wet. The Boy is convinced and he's probably right, that it was Manny that decided not to play as he has done that in the past. I was speaking to one of my father's very best friends about this and he said that he's just done with major league baseball because of all the hype and the steroids. He said that he would rather watch Little League any day. I don't know that I would go that far as the Red Sox are totally awesome (and even better without Manny) but I think he has a point.

Hence the title: Douche - Waffle.

Espanol Uno has been going very well. I've gotten all A's with the exception of one of the compositions because I didn't type it. I received an 88. Not bad. I just had my oral exam today and received a 96. I'm pleased with that. The final is tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll pull out a high A. Then Espanol Dos will begin on Monday.

I think I said that I wasn't going to be getting paid as much as I wanted for that creative project that I did for Moonlight Consulting and I didn't. I actually was paid far less than what I thought my work was worth. The project was worthwhile and any extra money is good. I've been working for her for awhile and tax season last year with the addition of the independent work was a bit of a shock, which I explained when coming up with what I thought I should be paid. I received my check in the mail today with a surprise addition an increase for taxes and a note that said on following invoices I was to add in taxes! I was so excited. I started a whole new savings account to keep track of it!

The Boy's parents arrive tomorrow! I really hope that they love what we have done with their future home! It will be so good to see them! It's going to be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you're saving for those taxes, and that she was understanding about that when she paid you!! Go you. :) Also, sorry baseball seems to suck lately. :) <3~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that - douche-waffle. I intend to rename my little brother just that. I am emailing my sister-in-law about it right now, and I am sure she will agree.

    ReplyDelete