Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bah! So much to say!

I feel like I haven't written in forever.

Catch up:

I had mi prueba primero de espanol on Friday. On Thursday the professor passed out a "test," had us take it and than admitted that the real test was the next day and that what he passed out was just practice. I was anxious not because I didn't think I would do well but because it had so long since I had taken a "test." At Bennington, we didn't have any of those. So essentially the last time I had taken one was my high school geometry final (which well...let's just say, did not go well.) I was really nervous. So when he passed out the fake test, I paniked big time. The other kids were mad when it was all over, I was thankful because now the "first test" was over and done with and I was much calmer and made fewer mistakes the next day. Over the weekend, I had a nightmare that I had gotten a 58. On Monday, thankfully I learned I had received a 96. I have another test on Friday...so let's see if I can keep it up.

Johanna from Moonlight Consulting called at the end of last week and asked if I wanted to run some parental involvement workshops this fall. Of course I said yes. She usually gives these out of state, but now our state department says that it's something the schools are really going to need and so she is going to fly in the woman that usually gives them out of state in order to train me. So exciting. There are at least four school already set up that want them. Yeeeeahhh!

Then she gave me an even better opportunity. She wants me to do some serious creative work for her. She gave me the assignment and then asked me to write up a proposal. EEEEK. Have never done anything like that before, have no idea what to charge or how long the project is going to take me and I don't want to ask for too much and make her want to give the job to someone else and I don't want to ask for too little and feel like I'm being taken for a ride. I have to send her something by tonight though so I had better "cowboy up" as my Wyoming man likes to say from time to time.

Have been keeping up with the gym in the early morning hours on alternate days. Except for last night, The Boy and I were out late catching up with a friend who was home for a few days after being out of the country for a while. I hope I get to see him again before he goes back next week. So we will gym it up later this afternoon.

Have been knitting like a fiend. Two of my cousins are having babies within the next few weeks, months and so many things need to be knitted. Have a kitchen set to knit for another cousin, a dishcloth and washcloth to finish for my kitchen and felted boxes. Pictures to follow!

I think my professor doesn't like me.

Over the next few days look for posts about my dislike of the setup of the cardio equipment at the gym as it relates to my fear of yoga in high school, my thoughts on Gay Rights, Gay Pride and Gay Marriage, letter grades and why I think my profesor doesn't like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment