Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Four Days Left!

It's true! Only four days left of the school year. I'm swamped with paperwork, place cards, testing requirements, grades, report cards, retention paper work and on top of that, we have to pack up our classrooms! Craziness! I think my students have a good start on the packing, we shall pick that up in earnest next week. I'm so behind on paperwork though, I'll probably be at it all weekend.

Cosmo is trying to get out of his three days of in school suspension. I'm tempted. I let him eat lunch with the class today, because I took pity on how lonely he must get all day upstairs with only the administrative staff to keep him company. I've decided however that he need to fulfill his punishment.

Tonight was Awards Night and Kindergarten Graduation. The latter I think is ridiculous. You get high school graduation and college graduation if you are lucky, but I draw the line at Kinder graduation. I have kept mum about this particular opinion of mine (as I do with other political opinions) at school but Sr. Callejo told me a story that tore at my heart the other day. A mother came into thank him for holding a Kinder graduation ceremony because this would probably be the only time she saw her son in a cap and gown. (Yup, the kinder kids will be wearing caps and gowns.) I mean, that story got me for a second, but then it just made me a bit mad. The kid is six years old and already she has lost faith in him.

The Awards ceremony was nice. Each teacher recognized students in his or her class that stood out because of achievement and attendance. I chose my three best girls; Callie, Fiona and Denise. I wanted to be less gender heavy, but I didn't have a single boy that I thought deserved it even a little bit.

I have rediscovered the musical, "Les Miserables" along with the "Wicked" trilogy. I'm so looking forward to summer.

It rained today, smelled so nice outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment