Monday, August 24, 2009

Nature is Beautiful

We have been getting up early in the morning (5:30) in order to go the gym. This means we get to see the beautiful sunrises here in the southwest. Each one sort of rolls into the next, but this morning was different. The monsoon season has begun. It rained last night and continued on our way to the gym. When I finished my workout and meandered toward the stairs, I saw the mountains to the east bathed in bright pink, the next patch of sky was a melon orange and then a lilac purple and then a deep blue. It was breath taking. I didn't remember I had a camera on my phone until I was downstairs and I didn't want to miss it by running back upstairs and so you can't see the mountains, but the picture is still really pretty.

2 comments:

  1. The West is awesome! I don't know how you get up that early, though! I struggle for 7! But then, all my classes are at night, so I don't get home until after 10...

    Hopefully I'll be able to visit you. I'd love to see NM, meet the boy and, you know, see you, of course. :)

    Oh, and Provo Girl is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I think maybe I need to readjust my sleeping schedule.

    ReplyDelete